The Position: Project Architect
- To lead internal project teams with the overall development and execution of contract documents.
- To be a firm-wide resource for technical issues associated with constructability, detailing, and code.
- Opportunity to work on large scale high rise full-building commercial tenant improvements.
- Opportunity to work on collaborative highly integrated design/construction project teams
Typical duties include:
- Attending design and construction meetings with clients
- Leading internal team meetings to develop and coordinate design and construction documents
- Leading the BIM and documentation process for large scale high-rise TI efforts
- Code research and implementation strategies for complex TI interventions
- Assisting with conceptualizing and developing project designs
- Mentoring less experienced staff
- Actively participating in construction administration
- Potential to participate in business development and marketing efforts
- Potential for some West Coast travel
Qualifications and Experience:
- MArch or BArch degree
- Architecture license, or on the path to licensure
- 5 or more years of experience in the architectural field.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to plan work for themselves and team members.
- BIM integration knowledge for complex commercial TI projects
- Experience with coordinating and overseeing large scale complex documentation efforts.
- Excellent knowledge of building and fire codes.
- Experience with permitting in Bellevue and Seattle.
- Excellent knowledge detailing various aspects of projects
- Ability to be nimble and strategically navigate prioritizing deliverables throughout deliverable process.
- Shell and core experience a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative nature and a desire to see all team members succeed
SABA’s overall compensation package includes: competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthcare, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401K with corporate match, professional licensing exam support, continuing education support, professional dues support, locker rooms with showers, secure bicycle and kayak storage. SABA is also proud to offer access to the SABA CoLab, an innovation center housing our resource library and design incubation spaces.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org